Oil is an ingredient of daily use. We use it in cooking, for beautification, or other purposes. If you are looking for the best oil for everyday use, organic almond oil is the best one. Let’s share some amazing facts about it.
In this article, We will tell you everything you should know about Organic almond oil as a beginner. Then you will gradually learn the hidden facts about this oil.
I am Tahiya, a certified nutritionist along with MyOrganic Bd Team with 25 years of combined experience. From our Team research and wisdom share how organic almond oil will affect your body.
Organic Almond oil:
Organic almond oil produced from Organic almonds under USDA certification following specific rules.
Almond oil is produced by pressing the almonds with minimal heat. Almond oil can be of two types: sweet almond oil and bitter almond oil. Sweet almond is mainly used for oil production. For bitter almonds, refining needs to do to remove the toxins. But unrefined oil has more nutrients and flavor than refined oil.
Types of almond oil:
- Refined almond oil: Refined oil goes through the pressing method, following purification by distillation or filtration. This oil requires chemicals and high temperatures. The refining process reduces the oil quality due to flavor loss. Moreover, many vitamins and minerals are lost in refined oil due to high temperatures.
- Virgin almond oil: The oil is produced by the cold pressing method. Virgin oil is an unrefined oil. Virgin oil is graded oil for skin, hair, or cooking purposes.
- Organic almond oil: It has been produced without spraying the chemicals. So, the final product is free from chemical residue.
Reasons for using organic almond oil:
For skin purposes:
- Lowers swelling of eyes: Almond oil is an anti-inflammatory oil that prevents inflammation. It may help with irritation of the eyes.
- Develops skin tone: Almond has emollient properties for soothing the skin. Thus, almond oil helps in softening the skin.
- Treating skin problems: Almond oil has been used for a long time to treat psoriasis and allergic reaction to the skin. It mainly works goods on dry skin. Almond oil also prevents swelling of the skin. It also repairs damaged skin.
- The solution to acne problem: Acne problems happen due to excess oil in the face. Organic almond oil helps to dissolve this oil in the face and reduces the oil content. After that, it hydrates the skin properly. It also reduces the appearance of scars.
- Repair sun damage: UV rays enter the dark spot and cause wrinkles in the skin. Organic almond oil prevents sunburn damage to the skin. It has an antioxidant (vitamin E) that prevents UV rays from entering into depths of the skin.
- Soothes the skin: Organic almond oil has vitamin E, which helps in soothing the skin. This property has been used for a long time.
- Removes age spots: Organic almond oil is very good at removing age spots. It can use with other essential oil. It moisturizes skin and gives your skin a very glowing appearance.
Organic almond oil is a light oil, and use it on cracked feet. The oil can provide advanced nourishment by penetrating the skin. The oil is also helpful for removing fungal infections from the foot.
For dry and rough hair: You can use organic almond oil for your fizzy hair to give it a shiny look. The moisturizing effect works well on hair. Organic almond oil’s fungicidal and antibacterial properties prevent yeast growth on the scalp. This yeast causes dandruff formation. It also cleans the hair follicles.
For cooking purposes:
Organic almond oil is good for cooking as it has a rich nutritional profile. The oil contains vitamin E, antioxidants, fiber, saturated fats, and minerals like potassium and calcium. When you cook with almond oil, it will enhance the food’s nutrients.
Nutritional analysis from organic almond oil:
From 100g of organic almond oil, you will have the following nutrients:
- Calories: 800 kcal
- Total fat: 96.4 g
- Saturated fat: 7.8 gm
- Monounsaturated fat: 67.1 gm
- Polyunsaturated fat: 16.4 gm
- Vitamin E: 3.9 mg
- Phytosterols: 256.4 mg
Here, you can fulfill your daily fat requirement, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, with almond oil (if you are an adult or teenager). The vitamin E content requirement is lower for adults, but it’s enough for a child.
Things must know before using organic almond oil:
Some people with skin problems or an allergy to plant-based oil must be careful while using organic almond oil. For this issue, you have to apply oil to the skin. Then after a few hours, if irritation, swelling, or rashes come out, you have to avoid using it. Otherwise, you can use it regularly.
Tips to use organic almond oil for skin:
Organic almond oil is perfect for your daily use. You can directly put it on your skin as a makeup-removing agent, moisturizer, and cleansing agent.
- Makeup removing agent: You can use organic almond oil for removing makeup. First, you need to take a little oil and then spread it over the face with your fingertips. Make sure all the makeup is removed. After that, use a cotton ball or warm water to remove the oil. Lastly, use your favorite cleanser.
- Cleansing agent: Leftover makeover on the skin can irritate you. And it removes germs, impurities, and dirt. Organic almond oil can use as a cleansing agent.
- Moisturizing agent: You can use organic almond oil as a moisturizer. You should not remove the oil if you use it as a moisturizer because it will give moisture to your dry skin.
Is it best to reduce your deep wrinkles?
Organic almond oil is perfect for reducing deep wrinkles. It can even out the skin. The oil has a better hydrating effect that helps to promote the better circulation of your skin. Its anti-inflammatory effect helps you if you are suffering from eczema. It reduces wrinkles, improves your complexion, and lowers the scar appearance. It allows you to look younger. For all these reasons, it is best for deep wrinkles.
Time to use organic almond oil:
You can use the oil over the whole day when you need moisture for your skin. You can use it to remove acne problems. Before going to bed at night, apply it on your face to have soothing skin the next day.
For feet purposes, make sure to use the organic almond oil at night before going to sleep. You can use oil in cooking or orally.
Is it okay to mix with other oil?
Organic almond oil is known as the carrier oil. It can carry essential oil, and its function increases more. Almond oil can mix with coconut oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, or lemon oil.
How to make Almond Oil at Home?
You need almonds, a blender, and olive oil to make almond oil at home. Here olive oil is used as an essential oil. The process of making almond oil is below:
- Handful amounts of almonds need to be appropriately blended. Before that, you have to ensure the almonds are dry and fresh.
- Then blending is done at a slow speed at first. When all the almonds get a smooth consistency, combine the nuts at high speed. For better blending, add olive oil gradually.
- Until the oil gets a smooth texture, blend it properly.
- Then, at last, strain the mixture of oil. Thus, you can gel almond oil.
You can store the prepared oil for up to 15-20 days. You don’t need to refrigerate the oil. If you use organic almonds for preparing oil, then the oil would be organic almond oil.
Which is better, coconut oil vs. almond oil, for beauty?
Both coconut and almond oil are best for treating skin. Organic almond oil is a lighter oil than coconut oil. So, when applying the oil to the skin, the skin absorbs quickly more almond oil than coconut oil. Moreover, the moisturizing effect of almond oil is also excellent.
According to smell, organic almond oil has a more pleasant smell than coconut oil. It attracts people to use it as a daily habit.
What is the color of almond oil?
The color of almond oil is clear yellow. The oil has a slight odor and taste also. Sweet almond oil is mainly used for its pleasant smell, so acceptability is high.
How can you tell the oil is pure?
Almond oil has a sweet and delightful aroma. The aroma is present in sweet almond oil. The smell denotes the oil is pure. A rotten, foul odor is found if the almond oil is not pure. It can help us to distinguish whether the oil is impure.
How can almond oil help to see younger?
Almond oil has a rich nutritional profile. The content helps your skin by giving moisture to your skin. It hydrates your skin and reduces melanin production by prohibiting the UV rays in your skin.
Which oil is best for hair growth and thickness?
Organic almond oil is best for hair growth and thickness. It boosts up the hair follicles and enhances the blood circulation of your hair. It develops the dry scalp condition and makes your hair smooth and shiny.
Wrap up : Organic Almond Oil
organic almond oil is a great choice for your skin, cooking and healthy eating. It is pricey but gives value for money. Do not hesitate to buy organic almond oil from Amazon.
Research & Writing : Tahiya Tahsin & MyOrganic team
Content Review : Ismoth Jahan
Medical review : Dr Goutom Banik