Fenugreek is one of the best herbs. It is used as food, diet, spice. Its scientific name is Trigonella foenum-graecum. Fenugreek is a component of five foran. It is grown in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Nepal.
- The fiber present in it relieves constipation.
- It lowers cholesterol levels and keeps the heart-healthy.
- It contains iron which helps to reduce anemia.
- Its isoflavones and diosgenin relieve discomfort in women during periods.
- It helps the body regulate hormones.
- Relieves sore throat.
- It is quite beneficial in reducing fever.
- Helps in weight loss.
- It prevents kidney disease.
- Fenugreek acts as an anti-aging agent and brightens the skin.
- It strengthens the hair follicles and reduces hair fall.
- It is quite adept at eliminating dandruff.
How to use
Can be used as a spice in soups, curries or vegetables by making powdered, paste or whole.
How to store
Keep in a cool and dry place. Also can be stored in the refrigerator.