Tea has been placed as the world’s second beverage that people around the world consume. The most exciting fact about tea is it is refreshing, easily prepared, and enjoyed by the maximum community. With tea, long-time chit-chat with friends and family is possible, creating more bonding in a relationship.
In this article, we discuss a specialized Tea – organic Chamomile Tea.
What is organic chamomile Tea?
Tea is produced from leaves, stems, roots, flowers, bark, and rhizomes. Most are produced from tea plants named Camellia Sinensis, but Organic chamomile tea is produced from chamomile plant flowers. Most people accept it due to its pleasant taste and flavor. It is considered a herbal tea due to its medicinal properties.
In the beginning, it was used as medicine by Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans for thousands of years. Then it was used for skin, hair, and treatment of organs. It contains no caffeine.
It contains many flavonoids, such as terpenoids and lactones, including matricin and apigenin, making it more functional and exceptional than regular tea. The active chemical ingredients of Chamomile tea are chamazulene, apigenin, and bisabolol. Approximately 120 secondary metabolites are found in chamomile flowers in dry conditions, comprising terpenoids and flavonoids, and these metabolites enrich the tea having medicinal properties.
Chamomile – A Flower tea!! Exciting right?
Chamomile tea is mainly drawn up from daisy-like plants of the family Asteraceae. The tea is prepared from chamomile flowers that are yellow center with white petals. It has a delightful scent. The flowers are dried after collecting and then brewed in hot water. After that, serving is done with honey, lemon, apple or any other flavor, according to people. Brewing can be done for 5-7 minutes.
While chamomile is produced entirely in a natural way, it follows certain rules set by USDA (United States department of Agriculture). Get USDA organic certification, we called it certified Organic Chamomile Tea that gives us best quality with sustainability. Choosing Organic means being a Regenivore!
Is it only tea? Or you are getting more things!
One cup of chamomile tea contains eight fl oz. The nutritional value (below one) is considered based on the 2000 kcal of a person (daily diet). Typically, tea is consumed with sugar or honey. In this case, calories are higher.
Nutritional value is as follows:
Species of Chamomile:
The most commonly used species are Matricaria recutita(German chamomile) and Anthemis nobilis (Roman chamomile). They are used for making herbal infusions for beverages.
German chamomile flourishes in North Africa and some parts of Asia where the temperature is mild and extensively produced in Eastern Europe. Another name for it is the wild chamomile; due to its growth of nature in roadside weeds in some areas. It is not perennial and is spread by seed planting. The stems are not covered with hair like Roman chamomile, the branches of plants are higher, and on the top, there are some flowers. It has a slightly sweet flavor rather than the other.
Another is Roman chamomile, mainly found in Central Europe and North America. It is a perennial plant that is very close to the ground and works as a shield from the ground. The stems are covered with hair, and the flowers are larger than ONE inch in diameter. It is slightly bitterer.
How it taste?
As the flower is dried to make tea, the tea has a pleasant flavor. But one more thing that needs to know before drinking this tea. Chamomile tea is not acceptable for many people who are not used to herbal tea consumption. They may have musty or any other unacceptable taste. The taste of the tea depends on the concentration of the tea. If the concentration is lower, it gives a mild taste. And if the concentration is higher, then it doesn’t taste delightful. With the growth of the Tea world, variations of this herbal infusion depend on people. Citrus, lavender, ginger or lime-flavoured chamomile tea is introduced to the market for more acceptance.
Evidence back benefits of organic chamomile tea:
- Persuades sleep tight and reduces stress. However, this is not suggested to drink before a long trip.
- Functions as an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal element.
- Boosts immunity through its great function as herbal tea.
- Nervousness, tension and anxiety also diminish due to its calming and soothing effect.
- The exciting fact about tea is that it works better with muscle contraction; this contraction can occur due to muscle overuse and inadequate blood supply. Glycine levels in the body are increased by it, and it reduce the intensity of muscle spasms.
- Due to its antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it is effective for skin health. It reduces fine line appearance and also wrinkles. Nowadays, it brings about greater attention from beauty artists.
- The tea minimizes nausea, bloating and heartburn, which is all related to gastrointestinal health.
Prevent Cancer!!! Chamomile tea contains flavonoids named apigenin which is an anti-cancer agent, so this can reduce Thyroid and breast cancer risk. Also, due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory functions, it treats wounds and infections.
Things to be aware of:
The side effects are significantly less in chamomile tea. Sometimes the pollen is found remaining in flowers, which causes an allergic reaction in people.
- A moderate amount is always suggested for consumption because a high dose can create gastrointestinal disorders.
- People who are allergic to ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, or daisies are also affected by chamomile tea.
- Shortness of breath, skin rashes, and sometimes anaphylaxis may also occur.
- Chamomile tea works as a natural blood thinner for people. So, taking aspirin, heparin and warfarin (prolong the blood clotting time, anticoagulants) is not recommended to take chamomile tea. So, this herbal tea puts a little risk for the coronary heart patient.
- Chamomile tea may sometimes interact with blood pressure, diabetes and other sedative drugs. But this type of complexity is very rare.
Wrap up : organic chamomile tea
We already discuss the basics about chamomile tea. The benefits are science backed. Do not hesitate to take it. You can buy Organic chamomile tea from Amazon. You can also read other healthy drinks like best green Tea.