Chia seeds are tiny and small with a smooth texture. Organic chia seeds contain fiber, healthy fat, healthy protein, and antioxidants. The seeds positively play a role when they consume them as a daily habit.
MyOrganic Bd Team, consisting of Nutritionists and professionals, shared experience and wisdom about organic black Chia seeds.
In this article, We let you know the facts about certified organic black chia seeds as a beginner. How organic chia seeds will improve your body and the evidence-backed benefits will blow your mind.
What are black organic chia seeds?
Chia seeds come from the flowering plant (Salvia hispanica). These seeds are in two forms: black and white. They are pesticide-free, chemical fertilizer-free, and gluten-free. It has a rich nutritional profile containing high minerals, high fiber, healthy fatty acids, and many antioxidants.
Why choose organic rather than regular chia seeds:
1) Harmful pesticides: Many artificial pesticides are present and aid in food production. These pesticides are available in chia seeds. So, the nutritional effects will be less.
2) No harmful contents: Organic chia seeds are free from antibiotics, GMOs, and chemical fertilizers. They give better taste and better nutrition than other non-organic food.
3) Worthy price: As organic chia seeds are better than non-organic, their price is also high. But the price is worth it compared to the value of organic black chia seeds.
4) Environment-friendly: All the raw materials used to produce black chia seeds are environment-friendly. They have less impact.
Difference between black and white chia seeds:
The difference between black and white chia seeds is their color. There is no specific nutritional difference. All dietary components are the same in both black and white chia seeds.
Best use of organic black chia seeds:
Organic black chia seeds are found in a solid form. They require water to absorb and form gelatinous form. This form of black chia seeds is beneficial for the human body. It helps in digestion.
Though the seeds can take as ground or as a whole, the nutritional effect will be the same. For proper absorption of water, the chia seeds require 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Organic black chia seeds can use in food with smoothies, yogurt, pudding, and baked goods. Two tablespoons of black chia seed are suggested to consume on a regular basis.
But if you are a beginner, then you should be cautious about the amount of consumption. The amount gradually increases from low to high. If you feel digestive problems at the very beginning, then you should not continue the consumption.
Nutritional facts about organic black chia seeds:
1) Carbohydrate: The carbohydrate takes a large part of black chia seeds. Though the value is high, the most part is in fiber form. Both soluble and insoluble fibers are present in black chia seeds.
2) Protein: The protein content is high in organic chia seeds. In 100gm chia seeds, there is 17g of protein (According to USDA). The amount is higher than any other cereals. Moreover, organic black chia seeds contain all essential amino acids. For this reason, chia seeds are the source of complete protein and high-quality plant protein.
3) Fat: The fat content is high in organic black chia seeds. The fat is mainly omega-3 fatty acid that is very good for the body. According to WHO, daily 1.1-1.6gm omega-3 fatty acids needs for the body. So, if anybody regularly takes chia seeds, this requirement can fill up quickly. Moreover, the ratio of omega-3 fatty acid to omega-6 ratio (omega-3:omega6=1:4) is maintained perfectly in organic chia seeds.
1) Vitamin: Organic black chia seeds contain vitamins C and B (B1, B2, and B3).
2) Mineral: Organic black chia seeds contain high calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Moreover, they also have iron, sodium, zinc, and copper in minor amounts.
Antioxidant: Organic chia seeds have more antioxidants than regular chia seeds. They have chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, myricetin, quercetin, and kaempferol. These antioxidants have several effects on the body.
How many organic black chia seeds should you take a day?
Two tablespoons (one ounce) of chia seeds should consume every day.
These 2 tablespoons of chia seeds provide (According to USDA):
1) Calories: 138 Kcal
2) Carbohydrate: 11.9 g
3) Protein: 4.68 g
4) Fat: 8.7 g
5) Fiber: 9.75 g
6) Mineral: 18% of whole nutrients.
7) vitamin C and B: present.
What is the best time to take black chia seeds?
There is no specific time for the consumption of chia seeds. The effects will be the same. For better health all day, we need to drink water in the morning. So, if it is with chia seeds, then it will be more beneficial for the body. We can take two tabs. Chia seeds with water in the morning will be scheduled for every day.
Moreover, another benefit of taking chia seeds in the morning, it reduces appetite. So, people will take less food all over the day. People on a weight loss diet are suggested to take chia seeds.
We can consume chia seeds with baked goods, pudding, smoothies, soups, stews, etc. But please ensure they soak in water for 20-30 minutes for a better gel-like consistency. This gel has a significant impact on getting the highest benefit.
Health Benefits of organic black chia seeds:
1) Cardiovascular health: Black chia seeds have high antioxidants. These antioxidants reduce heart failure and atherosclerosis. Mainly quercetin antioxidant helps in maintaining a healthy heart. Moreover, antioxidants help in reducing aging and protect cells from damage.
2) Cancer prevention: The antioxidants in black chia seeds prevent cancer. A balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in organic black chia seeds aids in the prevention of cancer. Moreover, Alpha-linolenic acid in chia seeds prevents breast and cervical cancer. The antioxidant and the essential fatty acid reduce the growth of cancer cells in the body for this purpose.
3) Decreases diabetes: Black chia seeds have high fiber content which helps to maintain blood sugar levels. It controls insulin production. For this reason, chia seeds containing oatmeal and crackers are suggested for diabetic people.
4) Improves bowel movement: The insoluble fiber of organic chia seeds helps to increase bowel movement and reduce constipation. The jelly-like consistency helps in this process.
5) Improves gastrointestinal health: Black chai seeds encourage the growth of prebiotics in the gastrointestinal tract and keep the digestion process smooth. The fiber of the chia seeds aid in the process.
6) Weight reduction: Generally, the fiber and protein in foods reduce appetite and give a feeling of fullness. This nature reduces weight gain in the body. The soluble fiber of chia seeds helps lower cholesterol and slow digestion. Also, the fiber absorbs water from the body, which leads to weight gain.
7) Dental and bone health: Black chia seeds have numerous minerals. They help in mineralization and lean muscle production. Phosphorus helps to rebuild the enamel, and calcium aids the process. So, black chia seeds are beneficial for dental and bone health.
Possible Side effects of organic chia seeds:
1) Problem in choking: Chia seeds need water or any other drink to get jelly like structure.
Without any liquid, it may create swallowing difficulty.
2) Increase Cancer risk : Some studies have shown that too much consumption of chia seeds may increase risk of prostate cancer. A high omega-3 fatty acid is responsible for cancer. It is a very rare condition case because, most of the time, the fatty acid is beneficial for humans.
3) Allergic reaction: People who are allergic to food substances may have a risk for chia seeds. Consumption of black chia seeds may create nausea, vomiting, itching, gas, and bloating.
4) Drug interactions: Black chia seeds work as a natural blood thinner for people. So, it may interact with drugs taken for blood pressure. Sometimes, diabetes medications also interact.
5) Phytic acid content: As chia seeds are plant compounds, they contain phytic acid. This content binds with minerals like iron and hampers the uptake from food. But the amount is low in chia seeds.
6) Harmful for children: Black chia seeds are not suggested for children because they have protein and fiber content is high. These constituents can lead to weight loss.
Who should be aware while taking chia seeds?
1) People with digestion problems: Too much fiber can create problems in digestion, so people suggest taking chia seeds, which have digestion problems.
2) Taking medications: Anticoagulants and antiplatelet (prevent blood clots), anti-hypertensive (treats high blood pressure), and anti-cancer, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids supplements may interact with chia seeds. So, people who are taking these medications should not take chia seeds.
3) Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If a pregnant and breastfeeding mother wants to take chia seeds, they need to consult a doctor.
4) Allergic patients: People with an allergy to foods need to be careful about taking these chia seeds.
How long do chia seeds need to soak?
Chia seeds need 30 minutes to 2 hours to soak. It suggests soaking the seeds until a gel-like consistency forms. The highest benefit from chia seeds is achieved by gel-like texture. For this reason, soaking offers.
For soaking, cold and hot water doesn’t affect the nutritional benefit of chia seeds. You can use any water. But if hot water is used, it will quickly dissolve in water.
Wrap up : Organic Black Chia Seeds
Organic black chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are very rich in nutrients. Have a lot of health benefits. It is very easy to incorporate into the diet through smoothies, drinks, and baked goods. You buy this superfood from Amazon!
Research & Content : Team MyOrganic Bd
Content Review : Ismoth jahan
Medical Review : Dr Goutom Banik
Mr. Shariful Alam Pavel believes in natural living. To live a healthy conscious living, we need to eat green, live green. MyOrganic Bd is a green wellbeing brand, educating millions to live a better life with mother nature.